Odometer reads 27,844 kms, which is most likely 127,844 kms (79,400 miles)
4.2 liter, 5-speed, air conditioner, Euro version
I purchased this 1970 Maserati Indy about a year and half ago with the intention of making it nicer and then reselling it. I replaced the leather in the two front seats, so busy with other projects that I have had no time for this car. Looking forward to 2012 it does not look any better as I am doing a ground up restoration on another Maserati.
I have decided to sell the car "as is" for essentially what I have in the car.
According to the factory records the car was built on January 1970. The original colors was "blue ischia metalizzato" with "bianca" (white) interior. It was first sold in Gorizia, Italy.
This car has been in storage for the most part the last two years and will need to be sorted out (fluids changed, carbs, adjusted, etc) before it is put into regular use.
These are things that are working:
- Engine - starts right up and does not smoke. Matching numbers: Engine number matches the car's VIN. I would change the filter and oil.
- Clutch works normally (I would change the fluid)
- radiator fan
- brakes (I would change the fluid)
- driver's side power window
- clock (yes, I was surprised)
- air conditioner (even more surprised when I discovered AC blows cold)
These are things that I know will need attention (there might be more)
some body rust (structure members are very solid, no signs of accident damage)
- radio and electric antenna
- passenger side window
- turn signals
Includes spare tire, jack, manuals, extra keys and prior receipts.